ADDRESS CONSUMER COMPLAINTS
Best Practice #7: Adopt and maintain written procedures for resolving consumer complaints so that any instances of poor service or non-compliance do not go undiscovered.
Purpose: A process for receiving and addressing consumer complaints helps ensure reported instances of poor service or non-compliance do not go undiscovered.
Alliance Abstract and Title Policies and Procedures for Implementation and Adherence to Best Practice #7: Alliance Abstract and Title is very sensitive to any complaints that are made. Any and all complaints received by an employee are to be forwarded to Alliance Abstract and Title for immediate resolution. This resolution will always include a follow up to not only the consumer but also their loan officer to ensure that it is agreed that the issue has been fixed. In certain cases, the complaint will also result in a verbal follow-up with an employee regarding the circumstances causing the complaint and a review of Alliance Abstract and Title policy and procedures.
1. Consumer Complaint Contact and Responsibilities
a. The complaint contact for the Alliance Abstract and Title is the supervisor. The complaint contact is responsible for:
i. Supervising the entire Consumer Complaint Process
ii. Ensuring that time requirements for addressing consumer complaints are met;
iii. Administering and maintaining the Consumer Complaint log;
iv. Administering and maintaining the Consumer Complaint files in an orderly and professional manner, including but not limited to:
1) Consumer Complaint Intake Form
2) All correspondence related to the Consumer Complaint; and
3) All supporting documentation related to the Consumer Complaint.
v. Investigating the nature and credibility of the Consumer Complaint, including but not limited to:
1) Investigation of the Consumer Complaint;
2) Making a determination as to the validity and credibility of the Consumer Complaint;
3) Making a determination as to the person or persons (inside or outside Alliance Abstract and Title) that is responsible for the facts and circumstances that led to the Consumer Complaint;
4) Making a determination as to the best possible resolution for the Consumer Complaint; and
5) Pursuing the best possible resolution for the Consumer Complaint; and
vi. Informing the Board of Directors and/or principals of Alliance Abstract and Title of the status of filed, resolved and unresolved complaints on at least a monthly basis.
2. Consumer Complaint Intake
a. Every employee is informed and aware that Consumer Complaints may come to Alliance Abstract and Title in many forms, including but not limited to,:
i. Phone Calls
ii. Letters (Regular Mail)
iii. Certified Mail
v. Voice Mail
vi. Legal Action
b. If an employee hears something that sounds like a Consumer Complaint, the Complaint Intake Form shall be completed and processed.
3. Consumer Complaint Policy
While not every Consumer Complaint will be the responsibility of Alliance Abstract and Title, Alliance Abstract and Title remains dedicated to pursuing a resolution for each Consumer Complain that is preferable and acceptable to the Consumer and Alliance Abstract and Title.